New Hampshire Bead Company
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different types of Silver and what is .925 Sterling Silver?
1. Do you offer a catalog?
1. What are the diferent types of silver and what is .925 Sterling Silver?
2. What does 14k Gold mean?
Gold is our most malleable metal. Because it is so soft, it is mixed with other metals to make it stronger.
3. What does it mean by Gold-filled?
what the name implies, gold-filled doesn't mean the piece of metal is filled
with gold. It's exactly the opposite: the gold is wrapped around a core of base metal. The base
metal is a yellow-colored (such as brass) with karat gold bonded to it.
4. What is Vermeil?
Vermeil (pronounced vur-may) is a term that describes a coating of gold on sterling silver (sometimes referred to as gilded silver), made using the process of electrolysis, electricity and an acid bath, to attach the gold to sterling. Electrolysis is also called electroplating or just "plating" for short. A layer of approximately .003 inch of 18 karat gold is typically used.
5. What is Base Metal?
Base metals are any metals that are non-precious. Gold-colored base metals include brass and bronze alloys. Silver-colored base metals include white bronze, lead, zinc, nickel, tin and steel. Copper and bronze (the brown type) are also considered base metals. Base metal is often plated with precious metals (i.e.. gold-plated and sterling silver-plated).
6. What is Gauge?The thickness of a piece of wire or sheet metal is referred to as its gauge. The higher the number the thinner the wire. Question: which is thicker, an earring wire that is 24 gauge or 22 gauge? Answer: 22 gauge.
7. How many beads will I need to make . . ?
Below are the approximate numbers of beads that you will need. The figures are rounded up to the nearest bead. We recommend that you get a few extra beads just in case. Don't forget to include the length of your clasp when calculating your finished piece.
8. How many beads are on a strand?Divide 400 by the millimeter (mm) size of the beads to get an average of the number of beads on a strand. For example, to determine the number of beads on a 5mm strand, divide 400 by 5 to get 80. This means there are 80 beads on an average strand of 5mm beads.
9. What length should I make my . . ?Please remember that people come in different shapes and sizes. These measurements are just a starting point. Don't forget to consider the length of your clasp.
10. What is the difference between a millimeter and an inch?One centimeter (cm) is equal to ten millimeters (mm). A bead which is 10mm in diameter would measure to the "1" on the cm part of this ruler.
11. What are the birthstones for each month?January: Garnet or Rose Quartz February: Amethyst or Onyx March: Aquamarine or Bloodstone April: Diamond or Rock Crystal (Quartz) May: Emerald or Chrysoprase June; Alexandrite, Moonstone or Pearl July: Ruby or Carnelion August: Peridot or Sardonyx September Sapphire or Lapis October: Opal or Tourmaline November: Topaz or Citrine December: Zircon or Turquoise.
1. Do you offer a catalog?Our website offers you access to our dynamic online catalog. It is always up to date and reflects sales and special offers that no catalog could reflect. Please check out our site often for new products, sales and specials.
2. Do you have a physical store?No - that's one way we are able to keep our prices so low! Although we know some people like to see, touch and feel products before purchasing, please remember that you are welcome to return any product you are not completely satisfied with.
3. Do you sell Internationally?AndoverExchange.com ships internationally to most countries. We cannot be responsible for any tariffs that may be imposed by your country.
4. What payment options do you have?We accept only Paypal. Please keep in mind that coupons are exclusive to online payments only - this is the most cost-effective method to process your order.
5. When will I receive my order?
Your order typically ships within 24 hours of receipt except on weekends, holidays or unusually busy times of the year. Please plan accordingly.
6. How do you ensure my order is accurate?
Please review your e-mail for accuracy once you have placed your order. Any error we may make in shipping (rare, but not impossible) will be cheerfully, promptly corrected.
7. How does my coupon work?We offer coupons through our Newsletter. Coupons are only valid for online orders and are restricted to one coupon per order. Most coupons can only be used once per person. We do not apply coupons retroactively to previous orders. Coupons must be entered exactly as shown or the system will not accept them.
8. How do I get coupons?We offer coupons through our Newsletter. Please sign up by clicking on the 'E-Mail Us' button and request to be added to our Newsletter list. We will never sell your e-mail address or use it for any other purpose than to provide you with information and coupons for extra savings!
9. Do you sell wholesale?NHBeadCompany.com has very competitively-priced merchandise on the site. We do not, as with some of our competitors, start with high prices and then discount the prices through coupon offerings. Having said that, a 10% discount off the total order is available instantly for anyone buying in quantity of over $300.00 and purchasing efficently over the web. For online orders, use the coupon code "wholesale" (no need for quotation marks when typing in the coupon code)to instantly receive 10% off regular pricing. It is your responsibility to enter the coupon code with your order. All coupons are one coupon per order and not valid with other offers. All discounts are for in stock items only. Coupon discounts are applied to sale items and closeouts. Coupons: Use these codes when prompted as you check out. You will see the total with discount automatically applied before you finalize the order. One coupon per order (choose the one that works best for your particular order). These codes can be used more than once, as long as you meet the order minimum.
10. Do you have quantity discounts?
Please see #9 above - the answer is the same!
11. How do I get free shipping?All domestic orders over $200.00 qualify for free shipping. Enter the coupon code FREESHIP200 in the coupon code field when you check out to receive free standard shipping. It is not valid with other coupons, and you are responsible for entering the code to receive the free shipping offer. Free shipping orders are generally sent USPS first class or priority.
Free shipping for domestic orders over $200.00 (coupon code=freeship200)
10% discount on all orders over $300.00 (coupon code=wholesale)
Items in photos are not shown in their actual size
Although a very close representation, color in photos may not reflect exact color of beads